1. Was this really Miss America back in 1924? I didn’t know the competition was that old. Worthy winner though, very cute. 🙂

1. I agree, but I don’t think her hair would get her very far in the competition today 🙂 Isn’t there some competition in Ireland–The Rose of Tralee? Does it require intelligence as well as beauty?

1. Yes we do. You are dead right: the Rose of Tralee. Pretty cheesy but, with our Irish talent for self-promotion, very famous. And yes,right again: the contestants are expected to demonstrate intelligence, personality charm, compassion and character, as well as beauty (which of course comes from within) 🙂

PS: i am thinking of entering myself next year. Oh, hang on.. maybe that’s for the Thorn of Tralee.

2. Male beauty contests just never seem to take off. 🙂

2. Elephant says:

She has some crazy hair – rats on top and curls at the bottom.
    Elephant

1. Since that’s how my hair looks sometimes when I get up, I felt inspired to wear it that way full time after seeing the pic! haha

1. Elephant says:

You really should leave your Miss America hair the way it is when you get up! Maybe I am just in a mood, but this photo looks strange – did they attach those curls at the bottom of her hair? With all due respect, she does not look like hale and hearty. But then the wimpy ingenue look was big back then! Here she is Miss America . . .

2. Oh, that’s funny. I didn’t even think they attached the curls, but it does look like that. I wonder if back then they had to compete outdoors and she unfortunately got caught in a rainstorm–that kills curls. I do think she’s quite pretty, but the hair makes me laugh.

3. Elephant says:

Her hair looks like Hell! It would take more than a bit of weather to make that mess on top! Again, respectfully, to me she looks consumptive – not that that can’t be pretty in a weird sickly way.

4. before heroin chic there was consumptive chic–I thought you knew. 🙂

5. Elephant says:

I needed you to remind me! (take another look – with music). . . there she goes, Miss America, there she goes our ideal. Cough, cough!
        HiHo

3. Zkye says:

aw , beautiful pretty preserved photo

1. Yes, but what do you think of her hair? I think her face is so sweet, but her hair is a bit odd.

1. Zkye says:

I agree her face is sweet , charming, her hair not odd, The style of the hair is like the hair of British people..

2. What do you mean? British people of today or back then? 🙂

3. Zkye says:

back then ( :

4. haha. I thought you were poking fun at the Brits!

5. Zkye says: