On a Sick Day in Bed

077Once a year I get sick, drop ten pounds and take two weeks to recover. The sickness is actually not the worst type. It’s mostly a sudden loss of appetite, chills accompanied by  fever and the feeling that my heart will explode from my chest if I take one more step. To me it sounds like a flu, but others always insist it’s not the flu. I don’t know why they care if I call it the flu or not, but I get this every year.

This year it’s lasted an extra few days which has interfered with my blog writing. My fingers are giving out as I w r i t e  t h i s . . .

So I thought I’d just share a few bedrooms from Robert Todd Lincoln’s summer home Hildene. They’d be perfect for a sick day. Can you find the servant’s bedroom?

1. I hope you feel better soon.

1. Thanks so much, Jeffrey. I feel better already. Everyone is so kind 🙂 It’s a rainy day, so it’s really kind of perfect being sick.

1. Thanks, Richard. Funny I didn’t expect well wishers. It’s so nice!

1. You’re well thought of 🙂

2. Mike says:

The last picture looks like the servants room. Hope you feel better soon.

1. Yeah, not quite as cozy, but spacious and bright. Thanks Mike.

3. Hope you feel better.

4. maedez says:

Feel better!

PS-The servant’s room is definitely the last one. It’s actually a lovely space, but the bed is a dead giveaway. It’s made for someone who can’t linger in bed of a morning…

1. Thanks! Yes, I like the space as well. Even the little quilt etc. It’s actually bigger than most of the bedrooms I’ve had. 🙂 Cute new gravatar!

1. maedez says:

I’d be perfectly happy in that room, quilt included, except for that mattress!

Thanks. That is a really recent photo of me.

5. Nicodemas says:

The servant’s bedroom is on the bottom right? Hope you feel better!

6. Hope you are even better now

7. I’m sorry you’re not feeling well !

1. Thanks, I’m on the mend. My husband was getting worried that I had meningitis because a neighbor got it one year from a tick and I’m always out in the woods. I think I’m okay 🙂

1. I hope you get to feeling better quick !!!!

8. Take it easy, Adrienne. x

9. D'Dream says:

I prayed you get well soonest

1. That is really sweet. Every prayer helps!

1. D'Dream says:

I can relate very well your present state. I am telling you it wasn’t funny at all.

I join my faith with yours for a speedy recovery. May the healing balm of Gilead and the Great physicians without border heals you.

Get well soonest