1. Jeff says:

Love this! That rolling thing was awesome!! I’ve never seen anything like it. And the “ponies,” I guess? Predecessor to the modern roller coaster?

1. I loved the pony/horse ride! The barrel one–not so much…

2. I loved this! Thanks so much for sharing, Adrienne.

1. So glad you enjoyed it, Jill.

3. Ha! This is awesome. I love the big “bus” with the parasols. I wonder how old these young ladies are in this? Maybe like junior high age?

1. Hi Amy,
      Imagine how much fabric used for the dresses! I wish we still dressed like this. The bus thing is so unusual.

Have a great week

A

4. candidkay says:

Every time I see those dresses, hats and boots, I wonder how they maneuvered. I mean, really:).

1. I used to re-enact (Civil War era). you do have to get used to the clothes but the natural fabrics let you breath in summer. The clothing really got me in touch with my feminine side–I LOVED it. Have you ever heard of Sarah Chrisman? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjCJKIvCWMA

1. candidkay says:

No:). Will have to check out the video!

5. Annika Perry says:

A classic and wonderful to watch. What is that contraption used to get there? The parasols are brilliant, creating a canopy for the ride to Coney Island. I’m laughing out loud at the woman going crazy with her parasol running up and down alongside the rolling ride! Thank you so much for sharing this film slice of social history. xx

1. The lady chasing her young charges with her parasol was the first helicopter mom. LOL.

The car (or whatever it was) is new to me.

I like how everyone looks sort of bedraggled on the beach. No perfect Gibson Girl hairdos.

6. Interesting bathing suits. For men and women!

1. I think about the time my sister lost her bikini when a wave crashed over her. I think we need to find a happy medium!

7. equinoxio21 says:

Another world. And not so long ago. Barely a century ago. I have know people who lived then. Thank you for the share Adrienne.
    Be good.
    B.

1. Crazy how quickly women slipped out of beautiful dresses and into tight denim jeans. 🙂

I admire you for still wearing a hat–at least for your gravatar image.

1. equinoxio21 says:

The tranformation for women was in… 2-3 generations at the most.
        Now the hat? 🙂 A necessary precaution due to lack of hair on top to protect me from the sun. 😉
        And I’m beginning to like the feeling of wearing a hat. One of the unexpected benefits is to be able lift one’s hat in salute when you enter a store or meet someone. Very vintage. (Manners are manners)
        😉