Sheep Therapy

Okay, so here’s my solution:

Let me back up to let you know what the problem is.

We suddenly have a ton of cute and cuddly animals I don’t want to eat. My husband has been diagnosed with a weird form of arthritis that only seems to respond well to a strict vegan diet. Our sheep are meat sheep.

But the sheep are more than their supposed foodie purpose. They are distinct personalities who in many cases adore human friendship.

BB7BEC4E-1215-4147-B1FE-E2C7C77E7EEB

So here’s my idea: sheep therapy or basically sheep chill time. I’m not a therapist and don’t want to be one (I already have the high maintenance little girl to contend with).

But I’m wondering if people would enjoy coming by the farm just to hang out with the friendly sheep, goat and horse.

57677698878__53A6A3D2-5F11-4D9B-8AC4-8DB7C09EBD8C

I’m envisioning a very quiet version of a petting zoo … maybe?

There are some concerns though. I do want to get back to writing some day. Lately I’ve had to begin training myself to be a horse trainer. I’ve had to help a few ewes give birth and our daughter has ratcheted up her boundary breaking (a common after effect of adoption) so I’m not sure how many days I could even devote to this new plan.

Any ideas??? I’d love some input from you all. Do any of you have daydreams about opening shops or selling tea online? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave any advice you might have!

Look! My books are in the library!

7603D866-FC8C-4386-B664-ABB32B6E2744

The Tenafly Road Series
“Characters so deep you follow them into the abyss, hoping to come out unscathed, but never returning the same. They will haunt me forever.”

1. I could see farm animal therapy working, as we all know pets are well known for their calming effect on us stressed humans!

1. Now to market the idea …

2. Perhaps a petting zoo open only on weekends, so school kids and families can visit? Probably less demanding than a zoo open all the time. And maybe your new daughter would like to volunteer at the petting zoo?

So very sorry to hear about your husband’s health problems.

1. Hi Shari! Yeah it’s been pretty crazy around here but my husband’s health problem is really a blessing in disguise. He’s feeling better than he’s ever felt on his vegan diet. It took a lot of pain before he submitted to a healthy lifestyle but totally worth it now!

3. candidkay says:

I love this idea! And if you wanted to limit it, maybe you offer it up to a few special needs schools? I’m less and less a meat eater–those animals have souls that shine right through their eyes. I hope your husband feels better–and if it’s any consolation, every darn vegan I know is aging so well. Much better than the rest of us!

1. My husband looks way better as a vegan!

4. I think this is a groovy idea !

5. Lily Pierce says:

That sounds great. Just watching you pet the lamb gave me ASMR, so you could consider making chill videos of you petting, brushing, whispering to, etc. your animals. I have daydreams of opening a store that sells jewelry and hair accessories. Etsy makes that possible for many people, but I unfortunately cannot hand craft these things, so the dream is not that realistic lol.

1. Wow, Lily! That’s a great idea! I hadn’t thought about virtual chill. 🙂 Lol about starting a store but not being able to craft. i took a course in jewelry making but ended up secretly super gluing the pieces together because soldering was way too intimidating. I was pretty sneaky back then. You have beautiful hair so i can understand why the accessories hold your interest.

6. equinoxio21 says:

Hi Adrienne. How have you been? How’s your husband’s health?

1. HI!

Thanks so much for asking. i meant to take a small break but then you know how life goes. My husband has had a bunch of health breakthroughs so things are looking up. I may post again soon but thinking of taking the blog in a new direction. Not sure.

I hope you are doing well. And I hope to visit everyone’s blogs soon!

Adrienne

1. equinoxio21 says:

Hi Adrienne. So good to hear from you. And apparently health seems to be going in the right direction. Very glad to hear that. As time goes by Health is the only wealth we have, right? Best of luck on that.
        Enjoy your time out of the blogosphere and take a new direction if you feel like it. It’s one of the great liberties of blogging.
        Take care.
        Brian

7. Luanne says:

Just found this! Did you do the petting farm? I would LOVE to visit. I wish you had your farm here?!

1. Hi Luanne! no we haven’t done it yet but I think my husband is starting to love the idea so it may happen. LOL.

1. Luanne says:

I definitely love the idea!